How many symptoms do you have?
- Obesity, loose muscle, fat accumulation in the lower body.
- Eat less, but still gain weight easily. It is easy to rebound after losing weight.
- Feeling sticky after sweating.
- Oily hair and face, the face looks yellowish and even gives a dirty and greasy feeling.
- Mouth always feels sticky and contains many phlegm. (Dampness and heat mainly affect the spleen and stomach, which can easily cause dry mouth and bad breath.)
- It’s easy to get dizzy and tired.
- The tongue coating is covered with a thick layer of tongue coating.
- The skin is often itchy and allergic, suffering from eczema, acne, and other dermatitis.
- The stool is soft, sticky and unshaped. When flushing, it is often stuck on the surface of the toilet bowl. For people with dampness and heat constitution, the stool is sticky, urine is also darker in color.
- The genitals get wet easily, women likely to have excessive secretions or leucorrhea.
If you have more than one of these symptoms, then it is likely that you are suffering from dampness.
What causes dampness ?
Dampness caused by many factors.
- Innate factor –
- Phlegm-dampness constitution
- Acquired factor –
- Prefer cold foods
- Often stay in air-conditioning or high humid environment
- Lack of exercise
- Poor perspiration
- Prefer oily, sweet or raw food
- Unsatisfactory bowel movements
- Staying up late
Acquired factors often cause metabolic function impairments which will increase the dampness in your body. Dampness will harm our body and cause a great burden.