Gua Sha (scraping) is an ancient Chinese method that helps to improve one’s overall facial skin condition. Compared to conventional facial treatments that only work on the skin surface, Gua Sha works deeper into the layers below to
- clear meridian blockages
- improve on Qi and blood circulation
- drain toxins from the body
- improve muscle tone
- reduce water retention and puffiness
- and remove internal heat (re qi)
As a result, longer lasting results like rejuvenated skin cells, a rosy and natural facial glow, delayed skin aging and lifted skin can be produced. Skin conditions like eczema, rashes and allergies can also be kept under control. A thorough eye Gua Sha will help to reduce dark circles, eliminate bags under the eyes, reduce wrinkles, and moisturize the skin.
Depending on the patient’s diagnosis, our NO-PAIN Acupuncture™ may also be introduced. By needling the area of concern, acupuncture can help to
- stimulate certain acupoints to balance hormonal imbalances
- stimulate cells to produce new collagen and elastin fibres to smoothen out wrinkles
- enhance blood circulation that result in a natural glow and improved skin tone
- stimulate the contraction of facial muscles to improve muscle tone, resulting in the firming and tightening of the skin
- create micro-trauma in the tissues, stimulating regeneration of tissues and increasing collagen production
Herbal medication may be prescribed to aid in the healing of the skin.